Office: CHEM 245
Positions Open for Graduate Students
- Welcome Noah Haugen and Alyssa Hardy-Russell to the group!
- Leanne Mathurin published her work in Particle & Partical Systems Characterization on tailoring the surface structures of CuPt and CuPtRu 1D nanostructures by coupling coreduction with galvanice replacement.
- Tengjiao Wang co-authored a paper on our contineous collaboration with Dr. Smeltzer at UAMS developing targeted antibiotic-loaded gold nanoconstructs for treatment of biofilm-associated bacterial infections.
- Brayley Gattis received the State Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) for her research project. Congratulations!
- Brayley Gattis received honorable mention on her poster, "Photothermally Controlled Release of Ceftaroline Fosamil using Polydopamine-Coated Gold Nanocages," presented at the INBRE meeting on October 28, 2017. Congratulations!
- Leanne Mathurin published in her award-winning poster work in ChemNanoMat on dendritic core-frame and frame Multimetallic rhombic dodecahedra for electrocatalysis of methanol oxidation.
- Welcome Kehinde Olubajo to the group!
- A collaborative work with BNL, "Reversible structure manipulation by tuning carrier concentration in metastable Cu2S," was published on PNAS.
- Welcome Ryan Manso to the group! Congratulations to Ryan Manso being selected to award the very first George Blyholder Fellowship in Physical Chemistry of the Department!
- Dr. Chen received an NSF grant with Dr. Greenlee to study the non-precious metal nanocatalysts for electrochemical reactions of ammonia synthesis and water splitting.
- Nazar Orishchin published his REU work in the Chen group on Langmuir about rapid deposition of uniform polydopamine coating on nanoparticle surface.
- Leanne Mathurin and Cameron Crane successfully defended April 26 and received their Ph.D. in Chemistry in May. Congratulations!!! They both start their new advanture as postdoctral fellows at the east coast.
- Brayley Gattis and Stephanie Oyibo received the Honors Research Grant for their research projects. Congratulations!
- Dr. Chen recieved the Master Researcher Award from J. William Fulbright College of Art and Science, UA.
- Cameron Crane published his second paper on J. Phys. Chem. C on synthesis of copper-silica core-shell structure with sharp and stable localized surface plasmon resonance.
- Zaheer Siddiqui and Quinten Johnson received the Honors Research Grant for their research projects. Congratulations!